Friday, May 8, 2015

Draw it Again, Sam (my name's not sam) pt.2

 Wherein I redraw some stuff from when I was a child.
 (part 1 is here if you missed it)

More Robot Master OC goodness from a time long before I'd ever heard of the word (abbr.) OC, the Internet, or fandoms; three things that combine and make you ashamed you ever made up your own characters for popular fiction.

Lunar Man -

Like I said previously, I'm sure I didn't put any real thought into these. "Lunar" probably sounded cool so I drew a robot with a jetpack (and Napalm Man's head/torso) and colored him blue ... like the Moon(?)

As drawn by a 12~13yo me:
Why does his head have more offset than a U Model Mack?
 I really don't know what's Moon themed in the original drawing here, other than the coloring. (and that crescent on his blaster) Space themed, maybe, but we can do better.

As drawn by that me now:
Moonlights (HA!) as a Scooby Doo villain.

This guy looks a little more adept at space exploration. Designed for extra-terrestrial (Lunar, specifically) mineralogical survey. That claw/blaster combo is a tool for extracting and testing rock samples ... or summpin. Changed his attack/acquired weapon from a generic energy blast to a less used slashing attack and grappling hook mechanic.

"Official looking" version:

I drew this a month before the "my style" version above, so the bulk of the redesign thought actually went into this piece. I'm mostly telling you this so I have something to type here.

-----------------

One more robot to go in this series, and that will be it. Unless I find some more goodies buried in a folder. ((Or redo that picture of Sonic!) Not that I've ever drawn Sonic. Anyone who's ever drawn Sonic unironically is a sperg.)











No comments:

Post a Comment