Sunday, March 22, 2015

Draw it Again, Sam (my name's not sam)

Okay, I know this art blog's been all Mega Man all the time for over a year. That was mainly because I wanted to run through the classic Masters uninterrupted (and I really didn't plan to take that long). I did draw some other stuff during that time - though mostly sketches & doodles - that I have yet to go back through and scan. And  while I plan on moving away from Mega Man shortly, when I was going through the Wily Numbers, I dug old drawings of Robot Masters I designed when I was a kid out of a folder and got the great idea to redraw them in the same vein as I had with the canon ones. Not only that, I'd also redraw 'em as close to "official Capcom style" as possible (something I'm sure I was trying to do originally).

Fun, huh?

Lets git dis started!

BB Man -
Does whatever a BB can? Attacks- Pulls his appendages in and  bounces around his room all Armored Armadillo style (this might've been pre-Armadillo time, though. Capcom stole my idea, guiz!). His BB gun (and Mega Man's acquired weapon) shoots BBs that ricochet off surfaces.
I'm sure this is the only one I thought though with the attacks; all based on personal experience. See, when you're raised in a barn and have a Daisy lever action, you learn a few things about tiny, rigid, metallic spheres traveling at a moderate speed. I still have both my eyes, though.

As drawn by a 12~13yo scamp:

Little Mega Man in the corner is a poor trace job. More than likely a trace of a trace I used over and over.

pre-upload edit: I dug out my Nintendo Power issues and found the original-



Issue 44 Jan, 1993. Coverage of MM III (Gameboy) and MM5 with a four page spread about the robot design contest in between (Gee, I wonder where I got the idea to do this?).

As drawn by that scamp now:


Little Mega Man in the corner is not traced this time. Everyone seems to frown on adults tracing art for some reason.

"Official looking" version:


I like this version better ... Time to reevaluate my style. AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment