Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Classy Place to Put Your Game Paks



 Black on the outside, minty white on the inside. Faux 8-bit game over screen reverse painted on glass door.

Found a nice 8-bit style font free online as a base for the letters. Converted it to actual pixels, changed the spacing so the black outlines overlapped and added the color shift. Skull made from scratch


Next I printed the design out (in reverse) on label paper and applied it to the back of the glass.* Then I cut out and painted one color at a time, saving the black for last -- covering the other colors and preventing light from passing through.

*The first time I did this, the label paper, which doesn’t seem all that sticky, adhered so strongly to the glass I couldn’t remove the sections without tearing and leaving crud behind. Masking tape layer before new labels solved this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment