Monday, April 20, 2015

Pixel Business

 Last year I got the idea that it might be fun to make a video game. (Ha!) A game that would adhere - stylistically, anyways -  to NES limitations. (Ha ha!) [note: I knew how totally original this whole idea was.]

I set my goal small: Make a title screen, intro, and a  single stage, with boss fight. A tech demo, of sorts.


None of that happened. Just some sprites, tile sets and the stage mock-up below. Dev-log of fail.

Click for Bigger.




It's a tired gun ... Get it? Like a hired gun. ... eh.

Seriously, those NES pallet limitations are no joke. The five color sprites below are "cheating" with sprite layering.

Character design evolution and variants
At least I learned some spriting basics from this. There are some drawn images that are related to the non-dev. After I get them scanned and compiled, I'll make a post with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment